Saturday, August 1, 2015

Fun with Powdered Peanut Butter

Fun with Powdered Peanut Butter

 
One of my favorite ingredients to use is powdered peanut butter. I believe peanut butter flour works as well. You get all the taste of peanut butter without all the calories. Each two tablespoon serving has 45 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, 5 grams of carbohydrates of which 2 grams are dietary fiber, and 1 gram is sugar. There is also 5 grams of protein. You'll need about double the powdered stuff to get the spreadable stuff. I've read powdered peanut butter is the leftover solids from pressing peanuts into peanut oil. Whatever it is, it is delicious. I have two quick ideas of how to use it.

Peanut Sauce

1. Put some powdered peanut butter and sriracha in a small bowl.
 
2. Add some water, mixing after each addition to make sure you don't overdo it on the water. You can add some more powder if you do add too much water. I like to put enough water to make it so it resembles a thick sauce. You can also add some rice vinegar instead of water for additional flavor.

 
3. To fill the wrap, I bought some baked tofu. Baked tofu is ready to eat without being cooked and does not need to be marinaded since it has its own flavor. I know a lot of you don't like tofu, but it is good stuff.

 
4. Chop the tofu up and place it on a wrap. The wrap pictured above is the same wrap used for the flat bread pizza recipe.
 

5. Add a bunch of kale and drizzle the sauce on top.


6. Enjoy!

Dessert Peanut Butter Spread

1. Add powdered peanut butter, sweetener (I used splenda), and a little bit of cocoa powder. I usually use a 4 : 2 :1 ratio.


2. Slowly add water just like you did for the peanut sauce. You'll want to add less than before since you want a peanut butter like consistency.


Dip whatever you'd like. I love celery, but graham crackers work too.






No comments:

Post a Comment