Sunday, August 16, 2015

Zucchini Alfredo

Zucchini Alfredo

I know it doesn't look like the most appetizing dish (the sauce cooked off a little more than it should of), but this dish is delicious and a good way to enjoy Alfredo without all the fats and carbs. This recipe inspired this dish: http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/lower-carb-chicken-alfredo-recipe 

1. First start by taking out a wedge of light laughing cow swiss so it can come to room temperature

  
2. My roommate gave me a Veggetti (a zoodler) for my birthday. It turns zucchini and other vegetables into spaghetti strands. Thank you roomie!!! Whatever device you use, turn a zucchini into noodles.

 Add salt and pepper.
3. Heat up a pan and spray it with non-stick spray. Cook the zucchini for 5 minutes until it shrinks and browns slightly.


In the mean time, mince 1-3 raw garlic cloves. I love garlic so I used 3, but you might want to use less if you aren't a garlic lover like me.


4. Place the cooked zoodles in a strainer in the sink to cool.
5. Clean the pan that you cooked the zoodles in and melt half a tablespoon of butter.
6. Once the butter is mostly melted, add in the garlic and brown it.

7.  Add in the laughing cow cheese and break it apart.


8. Add in 1/4 of a cup of yogurt (what ever you have), two tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. I also had some ricotta cheese so I added that for the heck of it. Stir vigorously, and salt and pepper. I added some red pepper flakes for the heck of it.
9. Add back the zoodles and any other mix ins you have. I added some smoked tofu. Mix and warm everything together.

Enjoy this vampire repellent dish.

1 comment: